[fluid-dev] fluidsynth setup questions

From: Piotr Sawicki
Subject: [fluid-dev] fluidsynth setup questions
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 13:05:15 +0200

Hi,

I use fluidsynth 1.05 and qsynth 0.2.2 with qjackctl with mdk 10.1. My
PC i pentium 4 1.7GB processor with 1024MB of RAM.

I was previuosly using giga studio and as far I remember I could load
sounds and play through a sequencer a whole orchestra.

But in fluidsynth after loading four instruments, the sound hangs, so I
wonder if it is  a matter my fluid/qsynth setup or qjackctl setup?

Is it at all possible to have so many voices played from fluidsynth?

I think it is due to fluidsynth CPU power consumption, so how to lower
the consumption with the same amount of voices?

Thanks
Piotr
--
Kopalnia Dzwieku