[fluid-dev] FluidSynth 1.0.6 "Music to my ears"

From: Josh Green
Subject: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth 1.0.6 "Music to my ears"
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 19:07:32 -0700

I'm proud to announce that FluidSynth 1.0.6 "Music to my ears" is now
available for download.  Of particular note is that many synthesis bugs
have been fixed.  Here is a list of changes since 1.0.5:

- pitch tuning bug found, sample fine tuning was inverted and was not
applied when root key override present, caused out of tune instruments
- volume attenuation now follows EMU 8k/10K (non SF2 standard), reason
for quiet sounds
- fixed modulation LFO to volume (was inverted)
- fixed loading of modulator AmountSrc flags (was overwriting Amount
flags)
- big endian long long fix
- synth.polyphony can now be changed at run time
- many configure fixes
- other miscellaneous bug fixes

Thanks for the following individuals for contributing to this release
(sorry if I have overlooked anyone):

Sean Bolton for runtime polyphony modification support and big endian
long long patch and other bug fixes, and for his work on the FluidSynth
DSSI plugin.

Luis Garrido for reporting tuning problems which resulted in the
discovery of the sample fine tuning bug (also thanks to others who
reported this in the past).

Takashi Iwai for mentioning that EMU hardware doesn't follow SoundFont
spec in regards to volume attenuation and the TiMidity++ source for
providing an example calculation table.

Ebrahim Mayat for his continued testing on Mac OS X and README-OSX
updates.

Stephan Tassart for reporting modulator flags loading problem.

Mikhail Yakshin from http://www.altlinux.org for reporting problems with
configure options, --disable-SSE in particular.

Axioplase for reporting buffer overflow problems with printed error
messages.

I did some testing with an SB Live! card on Windows on one channel of
headphones and FluidSynth on Linux on the other channel of the
headphones.  FluidSynth now sounds much closer to the EMU8k/10k which
many SoundFont files were designed for.  Happy synthesizing!
        Josh Green