[fluid-dev] Re: [Swami-devel] Swami 0.9.3 exclusive VIP pre-test

From: Gerald Pye
Subject: [fluid-dev] Re: [Swami-devel] Swami 0.9.3 exclusive VIP pre-test
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 20:18:40 +0100

Josh Green wrote:
For anyone who wants to test what I think could be the next release of
Swami 0.9, please give it a try and let me know if you have any
problems.  In particular the new features are sample exporting and
import/export of samples retaining loops and tuning info (when using
libaudiofile and AIFF files).

        Thanks for that, Josh!

What's the best way of converting all my .WAV samples to .AIFF format? I understood that this was something that sox could do, but it doesn't seem to see the loop info in the .WAV files, which makes the whole operation rather pointless! The command I'm trying is 'sox somefile.wav somefile.aiff map', which is what the man-page for sox seems to suggest is correct, but all it returns is a table full of zeros for loop points. Am I missing something obvious? Is there a better tool for the job?

        Sorry to bombard you with yet more questions!

        Cheers,

                Gerald.