[fluid-dev] fluidsynth router rules and fluidsynth MIDI channels

From: Lutz Morelater
Subject: [fluid-dev] fluidsynth router rules and fluidsynth MIDI channels
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 16:14:17 +0200

Hi,

my first question is related to the MIDI router in fluidsynth.

1.) Browsing the man page for fluidsynth I find these commands for the router:

router_default

router_clear

router_begin [note|cc|prog|pbend|cpress|kpress]

router_chan min max mul add

router_par1 min max mul add

router_par2 min max mul add

router_end

There are two examples in the man page of how to use the router in fluidsynth.
The second example mentions a router_add command. Is there such a command or
is this an error in the man page?

If I add one router roule, can there be more than one rule active at the same
time? How do I tell fluid to de-activate a particular router roule?

2.) My second question is about the MIDI channels in fluidsynth.

It is possible to tell fluidsynth how many MIDI channels it should use (by
adding the -K option in the command line during startup). If I use, let's
say, 20 channels in fluidsynth, how can I tell fluidsynth to do a preset
change on channel 20 and similar commands that involve a MIDI channel as a
parameter (which normally cannot be greater than 16).

Kind regards and thx for any hint,
Lutz.