Re: [fluid-dev] OS X build

From: Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] OS X build
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 22:59:11 +0200

On Thursday 14 April 2011, Sven Meier wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've just built fluidsynth on OS X but it seems I've forgotten some details
> on how it worked the last time ;).
>
> I had to add an include to fluid_coreaudio.c or the build would have
> complained about an undeclared 'ComponentDescription’:
>       #include <CoreServices/CoreServices.h>
>
> Any idea what might have required this change?

The coreaudio driver has been rewritten after the 1.1.3 release. Now it is
based on AUHAL. You can specify the audio buffer size, and the audio device
name to use. Seems that it requires more testing, though.
More details here:
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/fluid-dev/2010-11/msg00006.html

> BTW why is it that the resulting shared library is named "Fluidsynth"?
> Wouldn't libfluidsynth.dylib be more appropriate?

I've added a new build option "enable-framework", true by default in Mac OSX.
It creates a native framework instead of an unix style dylib. You can disable
this option to use the old behavior with a cmake argument:

$ cmake .. -Denable-framework=off

Reference about Mac OSX Frameworks:
http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/MacOSX/Conceptual/BPFrameworks/Concepts/WhatAreFrameworks.html

Regards,