Re: [fluid-dev] Possible approach to preloading samples / presets

From: Ceresa Jean-Jacques
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Possible approach to preloading samples / presets
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2020 14:44:28 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

>Well, I do have a real need for preloading presets (or rather samples) now.

I understand your need and I'am not surprised you need this now because you are using a memory constrained system.

Having a way to preload sample is also useful when preparing a set of presets that doesnt' belong to the same soundfont file.

Of course we could use the cut/copy/paste functions of any soundfont editor to do the job, but using the capabilities of the synth's soundfont loader could help to achieve

the result much faster because of the feedback given by the synth on which those preset must be played. In summary, I found useful any information exposed to the application

by the target soundfont loader which could help to determine an externally list of preset scattered on multiple soundfont files.

This preset list could be used directly for live performance (Marcus's use case) and also by a soundfont editor to automatize the building of a custom SoundFont file that gathers all those presets.

It will be really nice to hear opinions of organ musicians or live performance musicians.

jjc.