Re: [fluid-dev] [ fluid-dev ] How to set up mpe like behaviour?

From: Muziker Mammoth
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] [ fluid-dev ] How to set up mpe like behaviour?
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2021 14:19:41 +0800

Well, it's a pebkac moment for me. It looks like the way i started fluidsynth
fluidsynth -m jack -K 16 -L 2 -a jack -r 48000 -v , would mean there are 2 audio channels, i.e. 2 stereo outputs, vs the usual 1 stereo output. The result of which is the alternating loud/soft audio.

On Tue, Apr 27, 2021 at 12:52 PM Muziker Mammoth <muzikermammoth@gmail.com> wrote:
I'd forgotten mailman's quirky way of handling mailing lists.

>With this config:
>1) only note on/off and pitch bend MIDI messages will be forwarded to the output router. All others MIDI messages (CC, prog change,..) will be ignored.

>2) Any MIDI messages (note on/off, pitch bend) with channels in the range [0-15] will be changed in messages having a channel value of 0.

You're right, the verbose mode in fluidsynth shows, with a config of

router_begin note
router_chan 0 15 0 0
router_end

midi notes are sent to channel 0. But if i use router_chan 0 15 1 0, the channel numbers are correct, but the audio alternates between loud and soft.

strange

mmmoth