Re: [fluid-dev] Failure to bind server socket: 98

From: Ceresa Jean-Jacques
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Failure to bind server socket: 98
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2022 17:50:15 +0100 (CET)

>It seems we even have a bug in the handling of the interactive and
socket shell connections. If I start FluidSynth with -s and type
“quit” in the interactive shell, then the program hangs and does not
return to the command prompt.

On Windows, with fluidynth v2.1.1 starting fluidsynth with -s and type "quit", the program return correctly to the os command prompt.

Also, any remote command on the remote terminal talking with the fluidsynth server works fine. The remote "quit" command works fine too.

envoyé : 6 mars 2022 à 14:13de : Marcus Weseloh <marcus@weseloh.cc>
objet : Re: [fluid-dev] Failure to bind server socket: 98

Am So., 27. Feb. 2022 um 17:30 Uhr schrieb Ben Gonzales via fluid-dev
<fluid-dev@nongnu.org>:

So, is there a shell command to shut down the program (rather than just
exit the shell)

If not, how do I shut it down elegantly without killing the process
(which is what I am doing currently)?

Good question! I think we currently have no way to properly terminate
a FluidSynth process started as a server (with -s command-line
switch).

It seems we even have a bug in the handling of the interactive and
socket shell connections. If I start FluidSynth with -s and type
"quit" in the interactive shell, then the program hangs and does not
return to the command prompt. Only after I telnet to 9800 once does
FluidSynth actually exit (and also terminate the telnet session on
port 9800 immediately). But it doesn't clean up the socket properly,
it keeps hanging in TIME_WAIT. There is definitely something not quite
right here.

Cheers
Marcus