freepooma-devel

[Freepooma-devel] Heads up: Removing Cheetah support.

From: Richard Guenther
Subject: [Freepooma-devel] Heads up: Removing Cheetah support.
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 15:56:01 +0100 (CET)

Hi!

I'm in process of removing Cheetah support from FreePOOMA.  This
is mainly due to lack of interest in Cheetah by me and due to
Cheetah being unavailable now and undistributable anyway.

What this means is that the HEAD branch looses support for
parallel particles now, until someone steps up and provides
a native MPI implementation for PatchSwapLayout (you'll get
help from me, if you try to do this).

In the long term I hope this (and the followup removal of the
SMARTS abstraction) will simplify the parallelization abstraction
of FreePOOMA and make it more maintainable and tunable.

Richard.

--
Richard Guenther <richard dot guenther at uni-tuebingen dot de>