freesci-develop

Re: [freesci-develop] cvs: arangas

From: Matt
Subject: Re: [freesci-develop] cvs: arangas
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 13:26:05 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, FreeSCI CVS repository wrote:

> * src/gfx/drivers/dx_driver.cpp: Added DirectX 8.0a driver and
> support.

Just tested this using the DX9 SDK, and have some initial comments:

1. Great work, thanks for taking time to do this!

2. There appears to be an incremental memory leak when using the directx
driver. I observe this via task manager (equiv to ps on *ix).

3. Now that there is a semi-working win32 native driver, we can use it's
redraw messages to "poll" the sound event queue on a regular basis. This
is the way that Sarien works, and probably other programs. This should
give us decent timing and minimize excess CPU load.

Thanks again!

--
http://www.clock.org/~matt