freesci-develop

[freesci-develop] Re: config.h.in

From: Bas Zoetekouw
Subject: [freesci-develop] Re: config.h.in
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 20:04:44 +0100

Hi freesci-developers!

You wrote:

> I would think that this is a mistake and that only config.h, not config.h.in
> should have been removed.  OTOH, it seems strange to me that nobody has
> noticed this before, as this change was made spetember 15th.
> Should I just 'unremove' it?

Ah, nevermind, I just found out that config.h.in is generated by
autoheader.  It does output some warnings, though:

WARNING: Using auxiliary files such as `acconfig.h', `config.h.bot'
WARNING: and `config.h.top', to define templates for `config.h.in'
WARNING: is deprecated and discouraged.

WARNING: Using the third argument of `AC_DEFINE' and
WARNING: `AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED' allows to define a template without
WARNING: `acconfig.h':

WARNING:   AC_DEFINE([NEED_MAIN], 1,
WARNING:             [Define if a function `main' is needed.])

WARNING: More sophisticated templates can also be produced, see the
WARNING: documentation.

--
Kind regards,
| Bas Zoetekouw                  | Si l'on sait exactement ce   |