freesci-develop

[freesci-develop] Sound in Win32

From: Chris Kennedy
Subject: [freesci-develop] Sound in Win32
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 14:32:51 -0600

Hey all -
Well the latest CVS of freesci compiled well on the Win32 port. However, when I ran it...the mt32gm still doesn't work for me. I have to use mt32 with win32p sound_server. That is the only thing that produces sound. It also has timing problems. Odd....I didn't use to have this problem, but now it takes 99% CPU usage. Ironically, this is the first build I have tried since I upgraded to a Pentium IV 2.53 Ghz just last month. Win32e brings the system to a crawl and it takes about a full minute to get Windows XP to respond to me doing a force quit. No sound output here, either. Recommendations of different configs?

Thanks,
Chris