Re: ftraster.c patch?

From: Just van Rossum
Subject: Re: ftraster.c patch?
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 13:21:54 +0100

At 5:26 PM +0000 14-01-2000, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
>> I just fetched the latest ftraster.c by CVS, but it doesn't contain
>> the patch I submitted a while back to make it work in standalone
>> mode.  Here it is again, minus the ftraster.h suggestion I made,
>> just in case that was the reason it wasn't accepted:
>
>Of course it was accepted!  I've just forgotten to apply it :-)
>It should be soon in the CVS repository.

Thanks!

Another remark about the API of ftraster.c:

If the ft_default_raster struct will be the only official way to use
ftraster, the FT_Raster_* functions might as well be defined as static. At
the moment there are no prototypes for them, causing my compiler to issue
prototype warnings (which was one of the reasons I suggested to reanimate
ftraster.h). I don't really care which way you guys move, but I think one
of the next three actions should be taken:

1) define prototypes for the FT_Raster_* functions

--or--

2) define prototypes for the FT_Raster_* functions and declare the
ft_default_raster struct in someplace else than ftobjs.h

--or--

3) declare ft_default_raster in someplace else than ftobjs.h, but define
the FT_Raster_* funcs as static

Just