Re: positive descender with type1 fonts

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: positive descender with type1 fonts
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 11:43:28 +0200

Hi Werner,

> > Yes, it's an obvious bug. FreeType uses the TrueType convention
> > of returning negative descenders (well, for typical fonts :-)
> >
> > Or, we could change the convention to only return positive values.
> > I would like Werner's opinion before committing your patch..
>
> I believe that most users agree that returning negative values is more
> intuitive, so I suggest to have negative values for descenders.

I've fixed this.

By the way, I'm updating the sourceforge bugs page. Wouldn't it be
great if we started using it more often in order to get sure that we
do not "forget" some minor bugs ?? I mean submitting the bug to the
web page, then writing to the devel list should be a good thing :-)

Cheers,

- David