Re: Missing prototypes & linearHoriAdvance = 0

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: Missing prototypes & linearHoriAdvance = 0
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 11:50:29 +0200

Hello,

> > - FT_New_GlyphSlot and FT_Done_GlyphSlot are not prototyped in the header
> > files (there may be more unprototyped funcs, didn't check them all).

FT_New_GlyphSlot and FT_Done_GlyphSlot are two ghosts from past designs
of the library.

These function were originally designed to allow each thread to have its
own glyph slot in order to load glyph images concurrently. However,
managing thread synchronisation within the font library implied
significant complexity, especially when dealing with modules, so
it has been dropped.. !!

I have just changed these functions to BASE_DEF/BASE_FUNC :-)

Now, speaking of the FT_List_xxxx functions, they're exported
because I use them in some custom projects/prototypes. I'll
probably switch them soon, but I have a few things in mind
before..

Cheers,

- David