[Devel] Re: Distiller produced PFA problems

From: Tom Kacvinsky
Subject: [Devel] Re: Distiller produced PFA problems
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 20:08:06 -0500 (EST)

There was a *simple* fix for the Subrs problem...

Attached is patch that handles the Subrs problem and the FontMatrix
problem.  Let me know if it works for you, or if you see any problems
with it...

I am not sure how to best handle the absence of a FontInfo dictionary.
There are some bits and pieces in the FontInfo dictionary that seem to
be necessary in order for the Type 1 driver to work.  The question is
this: if there is no FontInfo dictionary in the font, should we add
default values?  What should these defaults be?  If we don't add
defaults, perhaps we ought to make the return value alongs the lines
of FT_Error_Missing_FontInfo and leave it up to the user of FreeType
to supply what they think are reasonable values...

Tom