[Devel] Major internal re-naming completed

From: David Turner
Subject: [Devel] Major internal re-naming completed
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 19:28:25 +0100

Hello,

  I've completed performing major structures, type and macro
  renamings in the HEAD branch. I thus expect to make a new
  stable release soon that will include these changes..

  It will most probably be named 2.1.0 instead of 2.0.10, since
  the internal module interfaces have changed relatively
  importantly (meaning that a third-party driver written
  for 2.0.x will not work with 2.1.x and beyond)

  However, I do still expect to continue improving the internals
  and the module interfaces/layout in the future. When these will
  be done, 2.2.0 will be released..

  In other words, the next STABLE release is going to be named
  2.1.0 (to reflect the internal re-modelling and module
  incompatibility).

  Major re-engineering will still happen in the HEAD branch.
  However, since no significant type renaming should occur
  from now, merging patches to the STABLE branch into the
  HEAD one should be relatively easy

  (currently, providing fixes in both branches is a pain in
   the ass :-()

  Finally, the HEAD ChangeLog should be used to have an overview
  of what have changed..

Regards,

- David Turner