Re: [Devel] Fix for PFR glyph index problem

From: Anthony Fok
Subject: Re: [Devel] Fix for PFR glyph index problem
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 18:10:49 +0800

On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 09:55:26AM +0200, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> > The same problem could be found in the PFR driver, it was not possible
> > to get the first glyph via the glyph cache. The fix:
>
> Applied, thanks.

I wonder if it is related to the same changes in FreeType 2.1.1: After
upgrading FreeType 2.1.1, Nautilus is no longer able to display
anti-aliased fonts under the icons.  It appears that librsvg1
(SAX-based renderer library for SVG files) is responsible for calling
FreeType to render the fonts; it works with TrueType fonts, but not
with Type 1 fonts: it would display "no glyph loaded for character
'%c'" instead. Not sure why, and a simple recompile didn't seem to fix
the problem. Perhaps the Type1 driver has the same problem of getting
the first glyph via the glyph cache too?

Cheers,

Anthony

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling