[Devel] Re: strange cmap syntax

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [Devel] Re: strange cmap syntax
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 23:11:20 +0200 (CEST)

> Acrobat ships with many CMap-like files. That is, they look like
> CMap files, and even use CMap file syntax. They are not, however,
> CMap files.  This particular one maps 90pv-RKSJ-H code points
> (Shift-JIS) to Unicode.  In the third column, each four hex digits
> represent a Unicode code point.  Thus 90pv-RKSJ-H 0x8591 maps to
> U+0030 plus U+002E.

How shall we know this?  The file starts with

  %!PS-Adobe-3.0 Resource-CMap
  %%DocumentNeededResources: ProcSet (CIDInit)
  %%DocumentNeededResources: CMap (90pv-RKSJ-UCS2C)
  %%IncludeResource: ProcSet (CIDInit)
  %%IncludeResource: CMap (90pv-RKSJ-UCS2C)
  %%BeginResource: CMap (90pv-RKSJ-UCS2)
  %%Title: (90pv-RKSJ-UCS2)
  %%Version: 4.002

This makes it look like a valid CMap file.

Where can I get a list of cmap-like files specific to Acrobat?

To avoid future confusion, I strongly suggest to put a comment into
the pseudo-cmap file.