Re: [Devel] broken binary compatibility

From: Arkadiusz Miskiewicz
Subject: Re: [Devel] broken binary compatibility
Date: 02 Jul 2002 00:59:03 +0200

"Pavel Kankovsky" <address@hidden> writes:

> On 29 Jun 2002, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:
>
> >  2002-02-24  David Turner  <address@hidden>
> >        * Renaming stream functions to the FT_<Subject>_<Action> scheme:
> >

> >  That is very, very bad thing because SO name of library was not changed
> >  while that renaming thing broke binary compatibility of library.
>
> I do not see how those changes affected the binary interface. As far
> as I know the functions whose names changed are *private* functions
> that are *not* a part of FT2 public interface. Like everything else
> in include/freetype/internal/*.h.
Well, pango used them. While compiling something that was linking to
pango (pango compiled with old freetype) while having new freetype installed
I got undefined references to these symbols.

--
Arkadiusz Miƛkiewicz   IPv6 ready PLD Linux at http://www.pld.org.pl
misiek(at)pld.org.pl   AM2-6BONE, 1024/3DB19BBD, arekm(at)ircnet, PWr