Re: [Devel] new fixes

From: Artur Zaprza?a
Subject: Re: [Devel] new fixes
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 12:57:02 +0100

David Turner wrote:

     2/ What has changed since:

       the "default" computations have been modified in order
       to accomodate David Chester's blue scale patch (which
       requires un-rounded scaling factors to be really
       effective)

       the truetype callback has also been modified especially
       to recompute the pixel sizes and scaling factors according
       to the TrueType spec/rounding , as well as to not store
       these new values in the root metrics of the corresponding
       FT_Size object. Instead, the "new" metrics are stored in
       a hidden location (named here "metrics2") that are not
       available to the rest of the engine.

       however, there have been subtle bugs in this re-implementation,
       and I now hope that things are correct.

My notes to the latest patch for ttdriver.c.
The formula:
  ( (xxx)       / 72 + 32 ) & -64
should be rounded in two places (though the difference is very small):
  ( (xxx + 36)  / 72 + 32 ) & -64
which is equivalent to:
  ( (xxx + (36+32*72)) / 72 ) & -64

--