Re: [Devel] Dingbats in FreeType?

From: Keith Packard
Subject: Re: [Devel] Dingbats in FreeType?
Date: Sun, 04 May 2003 10:32:18 -0700

Around 9 o'clock on May 4, "James H. Cloos Jr." wrote:

> I suspect the best choice for fontconfig is to ignore the encoding
> vector in type1 fonts like dingbats in favour of using the glyph
> names directly.

To make this usable with Unicode-based applications, it seems like someone
needs to map the glyph names to their Unicode values (presuming they can
be mapped).  I can place this mapping into fontconfig if you think that
would be useful, or we can ignore the problem and expect applications to
manage on their own.

-keith