Re: [Devel] ClearType-like results

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Devel] ClearType-like results
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 08:53:42 +0200 (CEST)

> Because the glyphs are not filtered, you'll experience unpleasant
> color frings in the output of "ftview".  For now, this is normal,
> though we may want to add filtering to the "ftview" program, or add
> a new API like FT_Set_RGB_Filter(..) to make it part of the engine
> some day.

This would be very nice.  I tried to do that but I failed since I lack
the necessary background information how the filter and blending
operations have to be done correctly.  If someone can give me a
precise recipe I will add it to ftview.  Don't point me to
http://grc.com, it lacks the information how to convert anti-aliased
glyphs -- the sketched outline works for bitmaps only.