Re: [Devel] 2.1.5rc1 and bytecode interpreter

From: James H. Cloos Jr.
Subject: Re: [Devel] 2.1.5rc1 and bytecode interpreter
Date: 03 Sep 2003 05:44:37 -0400

>>>>> "David" == Turner David <address@hidden> writes:

David> visual tools are really a must when studying differences and
David> patches. I personally use ...  TkCvs on Unix, and they're
David> pretty useful to spot even tiny differences.

Yes, they do.  I should have compared the VER-2-1-4 and VER-2-1-5-RC1
tags rather than the tarfiles; it would have allowed me to use any of
several better options that diff|less to compare the two releases....

David> Hope this helps,

Yes, as did rc2.  I'm running rc2 now; the interpreter is working and
there is no indication of binary incompatability in the apps I've run
so far.

The only issue I just noticed was that, for some CFF fonts, the glyph
for w is rendered filled in.  I'm not able to duplicate it in ftview,
so the problem may lie elsewhere.  (I saw it in a kde app.)

-JimC