Re: [Devel] AAT/TrueTypeGX supports in Mac

From: Masatake YAMATO
Subject: Re: [Devel] AAT/TrueTypeGX supports in Mac
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 11:56:54 +0900 (JST)

> > To support AAT/TrueTypeGX in FreeType2 or in a library stacked on
> > FreeType2, I'd like to use `extra' field in TT_FaceRec:
>
> Sounds like a good idea.  David?

Thank you.

I've found one more question. These days, `service' mechanisms are
introduced to FreeType2 codes. I have not understood the mechanisms
well yet. I wonder AAT/TrueTypeGX support code should confirm to the
mechanisms or not. The `service' mechanisms is for the external
applications or libraries? If so, I think AAT/TrueTypeGX support
code should provide its functions in the `service' mechanisms style.
In other hand, the `service' mechanisms is for the internal modules in
FreeType2.  If so, I think AAT/TrueTypeGX support code should just use
the services in FreeType2; and provide its functions in simple C
language functions and types.

> > Give me hits.
>
> :-) Do you really mean `beat me, master', or do you mean `give me
> hints'?

Gosh...Of course I mean `give me hints'!

Regards,
Masatake YAMATO