Re: [ft-devel] Regarding GTK/GNOME memory usage optimization

From: James Cloos
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Regarding GTK/GNOME memory usage optimization
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 10:06:57 -0500

>>>>> "David" == Turner, David <address@hidden> writes:

David> By the way, where is the tool used to create these fonts. I
David> believe that Juliusz wrote it and that it's now part of the
David> X.org distribution, but I'd like to get a hand on its source

It is called fonttosfnt and is in the cvs forrest at fdo in at
least each of:

,----
| xapps/fonttosfnt
| xapps/meta-xapps/fonttosfnt
| xorg/xc/programs/fonttosfnt
`----

I think I recall more duplicated from my last cvsup run, but I stopped
searching after finding those three instances.

It looks like the version in xapps is newer than the one in xorg.
Keith is credited w/ some additions.

cvs.freedesktop.org has the details and anoncvs/cvsup servers.

The quickest was though is probably rsync:

rsync://cvs.freedesktop.org/cvs/xapps/fonttosfnt/

-JimC

[David:  apologies for the extra verbosity;
         I thought it would benefit the archives.]