[ft-devel] Re: executable bits in savannah repo

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [ft-devel] Re: executable bits in savannah repo
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 11:15:47 +0100 (CET)

> I've just tried to build the bleeding-edge version of freetype from
> the CVS repository at savannah... and I've noticed that the unix
> excutable bit hasn't been set on some of the configure files.

This is correct: CVS itself doesn't have the possibility to store
permission bits -- if you get right permissions it is just because the
underlying operating system supports it.  While importing the freetype
archives, the savannah maintainers didn't take care of that (for
whatever reason).  And no, it won't be changed (I've already
asked :-).

The solution is to add a script `autogen.sh' which starts the
bootstrapping process by calling autoconf and friends, and which fixes
the necessary file permissions.  I've done this right now.  As a
consequence, I've also removed all scripts related to UNIXish
configuration.

Please test.