[ft-devel] Auto-hinter enhancements

From: David Turner
Subject: [ft-devel] Auto-hinter enhancements
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 14:29:43 +0100

I have commited a few days ago some rather drastic improvements to the way the
auto-hinter
deals with serif fonts. The result is now a *lot* more pleasant and I encourage
you to test
it. (the enhancements only touch latin hinting, not CJK one)

Be aware that there are, at the moment, some subtle degradations for sans-serif
fonts however
that I'm going to work out in the coming days, but they're really subtle and
you'll only see
them with certain fonts at certain size/resolution combination.

I'll try to post screenshots as well...

Enjoy if you can,

- David Turner

PS: I also disabled the latest bytecode interpreter "enhancements", since it
seems obvious
    they're not ready for release yet. I've tried to understand why, but the
issue is just
    sooo tricky. Damn rounding bugs :-)