Re: [ft-devel] Minor misc patches to freetype cvs, from custom changes i

From: Sean McBride
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Minor misc patches to freetype cvs, from custom changes in vtk
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 11:24:49 -0400

On 3/20/07 9:56 AM, address@hidden said:

>> 1) builds/unix/ftconfig.in
>>  - minor Mac fix, test against __LP64__ not __ppc64__.  There are also
>> 64 bit Intel CPUs.
>
>Thank you for notice 64bit API in Intel Mac,
>yet I don't have that.
>
>#if __LP64__
>#endif
>
>might be simpler, how do you think?

As David said, I do this to prevent a warning from gcc's -wundef.  Apple
is inconsistent in their own headers.  Sometimes they do "#if __LP64__"
sometimes they do "#ifdef __LP64__".  I suspect __LP64__ is either not
defined at all, or defined to 1.

>> 2) builds/unix/ftsystem.c
>>  - fix compiler warning about 64 to 32 bit conversion.  Also make sure
>> file is not so big that the cast to 32 bit will lose data.  A better fix
>> would be to make 'stat_buf.st_size' a ssize_t, I didn't try that because
>> it may have wider implications.  But this patch is better than nothing.
>
>As you write, the issue caused by ssize_t (of st_size)
>vs unsigned long (of FT_Stream->size) should be checked
>in detail, please wait. However, your quick looks good
>as temporal solution.

I agree fully.  My solution is temporary, I don't know enough about
freetype to attempt changing an internal data structure. :)

I'm glad you guys are happy with the changes.  I look forward to seeing
them in CVS.  It will be nice to have a VTK with no local changes to freetype!

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 address@hidden