Re: [ft-devel] Adding new platform to installer

From: Duncan Murdoch
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Adding new platform to installer
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 15:05:53 -0500

On 1/28/2008 1:39 PM, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
I've progressed a little further.  I'm skipping the detection step,
and specifying CONFIG_MK in the top level "make" command.  Now I get
this error:

$ make CONFIG_MK=../w32-Rtools.mk
Generating modules list in ./objs/ftmodule.h...
Syntax error: "(" unexpected
make: *** [objs/ftmodule.h] Error 2

Please send your .mk file to the list for further inspection.  It's
difficult to help you otherwise.

Sure, it's attached. It was based on starting with the builds/win32/w32-mingw32.mk file, and replacing the include of win32-def.mk with a manually edited version of it. I don't think the unexpected "(" is coming from there, but it might be.

Duncan Murdoch
#
# FreeType 2 configuration rules for mingw32
#

# Copyright 1996-2000, 2003, 2005 by
# David Turner, Robert Wilhelm, and Werner Lemberg.
#
# This file is part of the FreeType project, and may only be used, modified,
# and distributed under the terms of the FreeType project license,
# LICENSE.TXT.  By continuing to use, modify, or distribute this file you
# indicate that you have read the license and understand and accept it
# fully.

# default definitions of the export list
#
EXPORTS_LIST      = $(OBJ_DIR)/freetype.def
EXPORTS_OPTIONS   = $(EXPORTS_LIST)
APINAMES_OPTIONS := -dfreetype.dll -w

# modified Win32-specific definitions

DELETE    := rm -f
CAT       := cat
SEP       := /
BUILD_DIR := $(TOP_DIR)/builds/win32
PLATFORM  := win32

# The executable file extension (for tools). NOTE: WE INCLUDE THE DOT HERE !!
#
E := .exe

# The directory where all library files are placed.
#
# By default, this is the same as $(OBJ_DIR); however, this can be changed
# to suit particular needs.
#
LIB_DIR := $(OBJ_DIR)

# The name of the final library file.  Note that the DOS-specific Makefile
# uses a shorter (8.3) name.
#
LIBRARY := $(PROJECT)

# The NO_OUTPUT macro is used to ignore the output of commands.
#
NO_OUTPUT = 2> /dev/null

LIBRARY := lib$(PROJECT)

# include gcc-specific definitions
include $(TOP_DIR)/builds/compiler/gcc.mk

# include linking instructions
include $(TOP_DIR)/builds/link_dos.mk

# EOF