Re: [ft-devel] Adding new platform to installer

From: Duncan Murdoch
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Adding new platform to installer
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 09:59:04 -0500

On 1/28/2008 1:39 PM, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
I've progressed a little further.  I'm skipping the detection step,
and specifying CONFIG_MK in the top level "make" command.  Now I get
this error:

$ make CONFIG_MK=../w32-Rtools.mk
Generating modules list in ./objs/ftmodule.h...
Syntax error: "(" unexpected
make: *** [objs/ftmodule.h] Error 2

Please send your .mk file to the list for further inspection.  It's
difficult to help you otherwise.

The error appears to be coming from the substitution of \ for / in these lines:

ifneq ($(findstring $(PLATFORM),dos win32 win16 os2),)
  OPEN_MODULE   := @echo$(space)
  CLOSE_MODULE  :=  >> $(subst /,\,$(FTMODULE_H))
  REMOVE_MODULE := @-$(DELETE) $(subst /,\,$(FTMODULE_H))
else
  OPEN_MODULE   := @echo "
  CLOSE_MODULE  := " >> $(FTMODULE_H)
  REMOVE_MODULE := @-$(DELETE) $(FTMODULE_H)
endif

in builds/modules.mk. (The make that I am using uses Unix conventions, so it wants / in paths.) If I declare that my platform is not one in the list, then it doesn't do the substitution of \ for / and things complete. So builds are working for me now with my custom .mk file.

Just a suggestion: since there's an explicit declaration of the SEP character, shouldn't these lines make use of that, rather than assuming it is \ on win32, etc?

Duncan Murdoch