[ft-devel] A few problems i've found in the latest code from cvs

From: Oran Agra
Subject: [ft-devel] A few problems i've found in the latest code from cvs
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 16:19:00 +0200

Hi,

I want to report a few problems I came across.

The jam file at freetype2\src\base\Jamfile seems to be including both ftadvanc.c and ftbase.c (which already includes ftadvanc.c)

This generates a link warning for duplicate symbols with my vs2005:

ftbase.obj : warning LNK4006: _FT_Get_Advance already defined in ftadvanc.obj; second definition ignored

ftbase.obj : warning LNK4006: _FT_Get_Advances already defined in ftadvanc.obj; second definition ignored

It also seems that in case of FT2_MULTI, ftadvanc.c needs to be included as an alternative to ftbase.c.

I'm new to your build system so my understanding might be incorrect.

When I compile ft2demos with the jam system and vs2005 I get an error:

common.c

src\common.c(250) : error C2059: syntax error : 'const'

src\common.c(252) : error C2449: found '{' at file scope (missing function header?)

src\common.c(300) : error C2059: syntax error : '}'

and later:

ftbench.c

...skipped ftbench.exe for lack of ft2common.lib...

It seems that I'm missing __STDC__

I've also found a typo in:

http://freetype.sourceforge.net/freetype2/docs/design/design-5.html

The explanation about module_interface is referring module_requires by mistake.

I hope that helps.

            Oran Agra