Re: [ft-devel] FreeType Amalgamation

From: Antoine Leca
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] FreeType Amalgamation
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 09:47:33 +0100

Vinnie wrote:
> I've been wracking my brains and trying to come up with every possibility
> but I have given up - what is the utility of these lines:
>
> #ifdef FT2_BUILD_LIBRARY
> #define  FT_INTERNAL_INTERNAL_H  <freetype/internal/internal.h>
> #include FT_INTERNAL_INTERNAL_H
> #endif /* FT2_BUILD_LIBRARY */
>
> versus
>
> #ifdef FT2_BUILD_LIBRARY
> #include <freetype/internal/internal.h>
> #endif
>
> ???
Allowing to work "dump" sed scripts such as
    /^#define/{
        s,<freetype/,<Ft_,
        s,/,_,g
    }

the _ above is just an example; note it could have been \\ if
DOS/Windows compilers have been dump years ago... Of course, it does not
have to be a sed script, a Visual Studio or Eclipse macro could do the
same job.

As I read the rest of the thread(s), thanks for your work, it will help
to point out some quirks for name space issues which crept in during the
years.

Antoine