Re: [ft-devel] ttfautohint now has a GUI

From: vernon adams
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] ttfautohint now has a GUI
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 08:02:02 +0000

As a kde user, the qt dependency is a non-issue for me :p
but... the build is reliant on qt4.8, which is still pre-release, so even i have to rebuild my whole qt libs to a non-stable state just for ttfautohint. Fun but overkill. Using the qt library for ttfautohint is understandable, but i suggest it needs to be aimed to build out of the box on the main linux distros, at the very least. Out of interest, do we know what the situation would be for someone porting ttfautohint to a cocoa etc build for osx? I know many would want that.

-vern