Re: [ft-devel] supporting coloured bitmaps in FreeType

From: Graham Asher
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] supporting coloured bitmaps in FreeType
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 16:32:21 +0100

I have asked my client whether they will consider allowing me to make their bitmap font format public-domain so that someone can write a clean FreeType driver for it. I have a driver for it but it's not 'clean': it depends on a huge amount of other proprietary stuff. We would also need a clean implementation of the tool to create the font from PNG images.

It's unlikely that they will say yes, but if you don't ask, you don't get.

Graham