Re: [ft-devel] Architecture Astronaut: Liftoff in 5, 4, 3...!

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Architecture Astronaut: Liftoff in 5, 4, 3...!
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 18:44:50 +0200 (CEST)

> That we are considering something as bulky as a generic "property
> get/set" system means either that the original design was flawed, or
> we are going into orbit as architecture astronauts.

I'm open to suggestions how to do the following:

  . autohinter:

      . switch on/off horizontal hinting
      . switch on/off vertical hinting
      . switch on/off emboldening of small glyphs
      . control range of emboldening of small glyphs
      . ditto for thin glyphs
      . ditto for `more rounding up'
      . control glyph index -> script mapping

  . ttf engine:

      . select interpreter version (this also controls whether we have
        GDI ClearType, DirectWrite ClearType, or none)

  . cache:

      . control maximum number of slots, faces, etc.

Note that I don't want to have zillions of functions; instead I want
two functions to set and get those values.