[ft-devel] Fetching bitmap strike size from GlyphSlot

From: Behdad Esfahbod
Subject: [ft-devel] Fetching bitmap strike size from GlyphSlot
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 00:08:07 -0500

Hi,

I like to make cairo resize bitmap strikes when the requested and returned
size are drastically different.  Think about it this way: You request a glyph
at size 80ppem, and FreeType returns an image at 16ppem because that's the
biggest size the font had and the font is not scalable.  I like to detect that
and make cairo resize the image.  So far, I have found no way in to detect
that easily, short of finding this out myself before asking FreeType to render
the glyphs.

Any hints?  Is this possible?  Am I doomed and on my own?

Cheers,
--
behdad
http://behdad.org/