[ft-devel] FreeType patch (SYSROOT)

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [ft-devel] FreeType patch (SYSROOT)
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2013 09:14:21 +0100 (CET)

Hi Marc!

Some years ago you've contributed a FreeType patch to support $SYSROOT:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/freetype/freetype2.git/commit/?id=978b11dc59d3c00fececff3361d548f98fafb8aa

Right now I've discovered that this patch removes the use of the
`$rpath' variable in the `--libs' option of freetype-config (it seems
that I've missed this while writing the ChangeLog entry then).  Was
this intentional?

See

  http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/freetype-devel/2004-03/msg00010.html

which gives a reason for using `$rpath'.  However, this is apparently
no longer needed since noone has complained about the change in
freetype-config (which happened more than three years ago)...