Re: [ft-devel] a couple of warnings from 2.5.4 with mingw/darwinx

From: suzuki toshiya
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] a couple of warnings from 2.5.4 with mingw/darwinx
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 14:56:01 +0900

Dear Werner,

> is it possible to create a statically linked program for the GUI?

In my understanding, even if it is "hello world" using only standard
I/O, we cannot built statically linked binary on Mac OS X, as far
as we use the genuine SDKs. There is no libc.a :-(

The source of some Carbon libraries (including libc) are disclosed,
so there are (once there were?) experts rebuilding the fundamental
libraries by themselves and provided the archive libraries for statically
linked binary.

However, the libraries working with Mac OS X's native GUI are not
open source, so we could not have the archive libraries of them X-O

There might be possibility that the software running with X window
might be built as a static binary, but I've not tested yet.

> which is *very* annoying.

Fully I agree. I don't know how many I should repeat to express
my sympathy.

Regards,
mpsuzuki