[ft-devel] ftview / ftstring proposal

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: [ft-devel] ftview / ftstring proposal
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 11:09:22 -0400

Hi Werner

This is my proposal:

ftview (mode 5):
List characters in the natural unicode order instead of doing "The
quick brown fox". The "fox" is not ideal anyway because the spacing is
artificial. I would also make sense to change how we do big index
jumps - make it hexadecimal so that we can aim at the unicode page
boundaries:
F7-F8 by 0x10
F9-F10 by 0x100
F11-F12 by 0x1000

ftstring:
Improve "The quick brown fox" by offering other language pangrams from
this page: http://clagnut.com/blog/2380/. I want to add

Portuguese (with tons of diacritics).
Greek
Russian
Hindi
Bengali
Arabic
Hebrew
Japanese

This should cover most used scripts in the world. What would be a
Mandarin pangram?

Best,
Alexei