Re: [ft-devel] various Type 1 -> CFF issues

From: Ewald Hew
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] various Type 1 -> CFF issues
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2017 01:57:36 +0800

>>> * Make the old type 1 driver optional.  The file `ftt1drv.h' is
>>>   talking about a `T1_CONFIG_OPTION_OLD_ENGINE' configuration
>>>   macro, however, this isn't implemented yet.

>> I could extract the advance width processing from the old
>> interpreter into a separate function, which gets always compiled in,
>> with the rest switched by the macro.
>
> Please proceed!  I think it would be good to isolate the old Type1
> engine as much as possible.

>>> * Implement the `hinting-engine' property for the `type1' module.

All done. Attached patches that separate the advance width function,
adds the config macro, and adds the property service for `type1' and
`cid'.

I did a quick hack in `ftview' for testing, seems to work fine but
needs cleaning up before I can provide the patch for the demos to
support hinting engine cycling for Type 1 fonts.

Ewald