Re: [ft-devel] GSoC Status update

From: Parth Wazurkar
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] GSoC Status update
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2018 15:38:33 +0530

> * About the testing of the gf driver, there are still some issues
>   left to be sorted out.  I am working on them.

What I want to have is code in your `gf' module so that `ftview' can
display GF fonts.

I have cleaned up the code and now gf driver has all the code required
to run the driver, the driver is now properly extracting the information
correctly from the font file. All the `gf_driver_class' functions are also complete now.
But, when I run `ftview' it is giving errors somewhere, it loads the display
but after a while gives a segmentation fault. [...]

When will you reach that point?
After this issue is resolved,  the gf driver will be up and running.

Thank you.

--
Parth

On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 3:30 PM, Parth Wazurkar <address@hidden> wrote:
> * About the testing of the gf driver, there are still some issues
>   left to be sorted out.  I am working on them.

What I want to have is code in your `gf' module so that `ftview' can
display GF fonts.  When will you reach that point?

I have cleaned up the code and now gf driver has all the code required
to run the driver, the driver is now properly extracting the information
correctly from the font file. All the `gf_driver_class' functions are also complete now.
But, when I run `ftview' it is giving errors somewhere, it loads the display
but after a while gives a segmentation fault. After some debugging I found
out that the error is in the `FTC_Manager_LookupFace' function. I am unable
to figure out the error here. Please help me with this.
I have added final code with printf flags to the branch `parthw-wip'. This code is
unclean, please ignore that.

Thank you

--
Parth