[ft-devel] FT_Done_MM_Var + FT_Library

From: armin
Subject: [ft-devel] FT_Done_MM_Var + FT_Library
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2018 21:39:02 +0200

Today I played with multiple masters and naturally I came across
`FT_Done_MM_Var'.  I wonder, why I have to set `FT_Library` explicitly to
deallocate `FT_MM_Var'?  On the surface, it would be convenient if
`FT_MM_Var' could keep track of its library (or face) internally and
`FT_Done_MM_Var' could extract that value automatically.  This would (1)
make working with C++ deleters more convenient and (2) I could avoid
bubbling the `FT_Library' pointer through the whole program just to
deallocate a specific gimmick of a specific face.

Thought I quickly share my thoughts on that with you but I'm sure there are
good reasons why `FT_Library' is required here.

Thanks for shedding some light on this matter +
have a wonderful evening everyone :)

Armin