Re: [ft-devel] Updates for gf driver.

From: Parth Wazurkar
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Updates for gf driver.
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2018 12:45:43 +0530

> ==5604== LEAK SUMMARY:
> ==5604==    definitely lost: 80 bytes in 2 blocks
> ==5604==    indirectly lost: 45,388 bytes in 129 blocks

BTW, why are you allocating so much memory blocks?  `ftexample.c'
asks for a single character, I thus expect that the GF driver loads
only a single glyph...

Oh, this may be because of 128 glyph objects + 1 GF_Glyph object. Actually, the GF
driver always allocates 256 blocks for the glyph bitmaps to be loaded and then according
to the font file it initializes the required blocks. So, when `ftexample.c' asks for a character
it first loads all the initialised glyphs and then extracts the correct one.

Thank you

Parth