Re: [ft-devel] Problem in ft2-demo compilation.

From: Parth Wazurkar
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Problem in ft2-demo compilation.
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2018 13:49:13 +0530

> I installed ubutnu 18.04 in a virtualbox and tested this there too,
> initially it returned error with `make X11_PATH=/usr/include' then I
> found out `libx11-dev' was missing, so I installed it and then when
> I did `make X11_PATH=/usr/include' it allocated display surface and
> demo program ran.
>
> So I think for these ubuntu installations installing `libx11-dev'
> first and them `make X11_PATH=/usr/include' should work.

Ah, we are getting nearer!  In which directory is file `Xlib.h'?
Assuming that you have the `locate' program installed, you can simply
say

  locate Xlib.h

This gives : /usr/include/X11/Xlib.h

to get all such files on your system.

And please show use your PATH value:

  set | grep '^PATH=' | sed 's/:/:\\\n/g' > path.txt

Attached with this mail.

Sorry, for the late reply I have been busy with some project
submissions.

Thank you

  Parth