Re: [ft-devel] [ft] Three GSoC projects for FreeType

From: Moazin Khatri
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [ft] Three GSoC projects for FreeType
Date: Tue, 7 May 2019 19:53:22 +0500

On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 7:06 PM <address@hidden> wrote:

forgot this! I skimed through the project (then I may be heavily wrong) and it
seems small enough to allow a re-implementation.

I wonder if a re-implementation is a good idea. We will have to maintain our re-implementation and keep it in sync with their implementation, won't we? Werner just told me that Adobe is willing to integrate contributed code. Writing a C API wrapper for  'svgnative' seems like a really good idea. If it goes well, Adobe will probably merge it.

forgot this! I skimed through the project (then I may be heavily wrong) and it
seems small enough to allow a re-implementation.

I wonder if a re-implementation is a good idea. We will have to maintain our re-implementation and keep it in sync with their implementation, won't we? Werner just told me that Adobe is willing to integrate contributed code. Writing a C API wrapper for  'svgnative' seems like a really good idea. If it goes well, Adobe will probably merge it.

-Moazin