[ft-devel] SVG "Native" Re: [ft] Three GSoC projects for FreeType

From: suzuki toshiya
Subject: [ft-devel] SVG "Native" Re: [ft] Three GSoC projects for FreeType
Date: Thu, 9 May 2019 14:40:50 +0900

Dear Behdad,

On 2019/05/09 14:18, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
Now, some would claim that that's exactly what is allowed in
OpenType.  Again, that's what we will be discussing to make happen.
As it happens, there is no relationship between OpenType and SVG
Native.

OK.

Thank you for reminding that, I was misunderstanding.
By the blog entry you mentioned, I've understood that
"Native" of "SVG Native" is a term used in mobile device
field, like the contrast between "web/browser/HTML5
application" versus "native application". I was unaware
that. Hmm, so there is a possibility that (some) SVG-OT
fonts require richer features than SVG Native spec...

Regards,
mpsuzuki