Re: [ft-devel] [ft] Three GSoC projects for FreeType

From: sylvain . bertrand
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [ft] Three GSoC projects for FreeType
Date: Wed, 8 May 2019 02:00:24 +0000

On Wed, May 08, 2019 at 01:44:39AM +0000, suzuki toshiya wrote:
> However, my impression on libsvgtiny is... its range of the features
> might be narrower than SVG Native: I think it does not support
> the image elements in SVG. Am I misunderstanding?

Hi,

This is for this very reason this lib should be audited as a svg renderer. The
question of "how much more" this lib needs in order to be able to render
"reasonably" the "font svg subset", would have to be answered. I cannot answer
this question myself.

Their SDK seems still of a reasonable complexity and size... for the moment.

regards,

--
Sylvain