[ft-devel] GSoC: OT-SVG: Error propagation from SVG library hooks

From: Moazin Khatri
Subject: [ft-devel] GSoC: OT-SVG: Error propagation from SVG library hooks
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2019 14:45:20 +0500

Hi,

I was trying to write some good error handling code in the
`librsvg' rendering port. What I did is that I created a new
error `Invalid_SVG_Document'. Then, I check the errors
returned by the SVG rendering library and either return
`Invalid_SVG_Document' or `Out_Of_Memory' or
`Invalid_Outline' depending on what might have caused
it.

This worked well but I just realized that `FT_Throw' is
something internal to FreeType just like `FT_NEW' and
can't be used from outside. As long as FreeType is being
linked statically, it works great, otherwise I get an undefined
reference error. Exposing these functions outside is probably
not a good idea.

How should I return proper errors? Any ideas?

Moazin