Re: [ft-devel] GSoC: OT-SVG: Error propagation from SVG library hooks

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] GSoC: OT-SVG: Error propagation from SVG library hooks
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2019 12:48:39 +0200 (CEST)

>> If you say `rendering port', you mean code that gets added to
>> librsvg, to FreeType, or to the calling application?
>
> I mean the hook functions which the client will write and set them
> using `FT_Property_Set'.  These will of course be different for each
> library.  Have a look here:
> https://bitbucket.org/moazin/librsvg-port-freetype-otsvg/src/master/port/rsvg_port.c
> and search `FT_THROW' in that file.

OK, thanks.

>> I'm not sure whether it makes sense to define error codes for
>> external stuff that is not directly used by FreeType.  Maybe you
>> just return values like -1 or -2 as error codes?

Silly me.  Please ignore this remark.  Of course it makes sense to set
up FT_Error codes as you did – it is FreeType who is going to report
the hook errors to the client.

So yes, please define errors and use them in the external code, but
just without FT_THROW.  Maybe the library uses its own error code
debugging feature...